Earlier today, the Supreme Court agreed to set up a panel to probe the PM security lapse case  |  Photo Credit: PTI
New Delhi: Even as the Supreme Court agreed to constitute a committee to probe the security breach involving Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s convoy on January 5, Times Now has received inputs from at least 15 lawyers, claiming that they received calls from a UK number- reportedly belonging to the banned outfit Sikhs for Justice (SFJ) – taking responsibility for the blockade of the convoy.
“I received a call from a UK number which said that they would take responsibility for the blockade the motorcade of the PM. The caller said that SC should not be hearing the matter when they did not find a single culprit responsible for the killing of Sikhs in 1984,” one of the lawyers who received the call told Times Now.
“I received two calls. It said that we take the responsibility for blocking the PM’s cavalcade. It was a pre-recorded message of 47 seconds,” said Advocate Vishnu Jain. If established and proved, the claims may point towards a possible and orchestrated conspiracy behind the blockade of the PM’s convoy, as against the existing claims that it was a mere ‘lapse’ of security.
This is the first time a banned organisation has claimed responsibility for the blockade of the Prime Minister’s cavalcade in Punjab’s Ferozepur last week. Earlier, farmer groups, which claimed to be protesting against Minimum Support Price (MSP) and the arrest of MoS Home Ajay Mishra Teni in connection with the Lakhimpur Kheri case, had said that they were protesting on the PM’s route.
The farmer groups had claimed that there was a last-minute change in PM Narendra Modi’s route and that they did not know that the PM was arriving by road. Meanwhile, the Supreme Court, on Monday said that it will appoint a committee headed by a former Supreme Court judge to probe the security lapses in the incident.
The court, while asking the Punjab government and Centre to junk their probe into the matter, suggested that DGP Chandigarh, NIA IG, Registrar General of Punjab and Haryana HC may be part of the proposed panel to probe security breach during PM’s visit.